Tuesday, August 24, 2010

oh, hello!

I bet you all thought I forgot about this little blog! I didn't forget - I was just avoiding it. I'm going to do two posts tonight to make up for my delinquency. Here is the first: Eloise Update!

Last Monday (the first day of my 35th week of pregnancy) my mom and I went to a doctor appointment and got an awesome ultrasound. We get a DVD of every appointment, and I'm working on figuring out how to put the video up here.

Eloise is growing so well. Her little belly measured in the 97th percentile for babies her age! She is obviously enjoying all the ice cream sandwiches I'm providing her (such a thoughtful mommy). She weighs a little over 6 lbs, and has hair on her head that is visible in the ultrasound. The doctor said that developmentally Eloise is doing beautifully. Her head is down, her spine is along my left side, and her little feet are firmly lodged in my right side. I'm so proud of her! We can't wait to meet her.

Braam and I are both in our last week of work, then it's full time vacation/wait for baby. I'm so sad to be leaving the twins after 3.5 years, but that's another post. Braam has a two month break over September and October. We are so grateful to have so much uninterrupted time to spend together as a family.

Okay, enough chatting. Here are pictures!


Here is her profile


Her nostrils and lips...imagine her face is smashed up against glass


3D ultrasound! It's from the side. Her eyes are open, and her hand is up by her face


This picture is taken straight on. Her eye is closed, and you can see a chubby cheek and pursed mouth. I love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment