Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mammoth Trip

Road Trip to Mammoth:
We had been planning this trip for some time, and I was not exactly looking forward to it. Eloise HATES her carseat, and the prospect of driving for six hours with her screaming was not very appealing to me. I had this mental image of us stuck in snowy traffic with a shrieking banshee, only to arrive at our cabin and have Braam traipse off to ski the day away while I was stuck inside with a stuffy-nosed, sleep deprived little mess. I am happy to report that my musings could not have been more incorrect (or dramatic)! We had such a wonderful time. My awesome friend Rachel and her boyfriend Andy ended up not skiing, so the Weasel and I had good company. We went to lunch and shopping while our cabin-mates skied, then were home with drinks and snacks when the skiers got back. Braam didn't traipse (he never has...the only reason I imagined him doing so was because it served my self-pitying projections), and we got some fun family time in the snow.

The only drawback to the weekend is that I managed to undo 5 months of work on Eloises schedule in the course of a weekend. At home, Eloise does a pretty good job falling asleep on her own for naps and bedtime. She typically does a good six-hour stretch at night, and wakes for only two feedings (one at 3am, one around 5:30). The day we got to Mammoth, I nursed her to sleep. Big Mistake. The next morning at nap time she was screaming, so I did it again. Bigger Mistake. By that night she was overtired, so I let her sleep the whole night in the bed with me. Biggest Mistake. She was up every two hours wanting to eat, and was inconsolable at nap. She also slept in the bed with me the next night, and then I let her snack the whole way home. It's going to be an interesting few days getting back into the swing of things! Anyway, on to the pictures:



Rachel introduced Eloise to Barney

Lets go skiing!






I love you, bunny

Snow angel




Snow bear


Bath time

Cozy with daddy

We love naked time

Buns

Sitting!

...Barney.

No comments:

Post a Comment