Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We're in Bangkok!

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner - my parents internet isn't working, and I haven't been to an internet cafe until now. Unfortunately, that means no pictures today, but rest assured that there will be TONS once I get to a private computer. In the week we've been in Thailand, we have been to markets, malls, ridden tuk-tuks and motorcycle taxis, taken a beach vacation to KohTao, and had some awesome massages. We're staying with my parents in their beautiful house, and its fantastic to experience the Thailand that I remember with them.

Eloise was as good as you might expect on the flight over, but at 20 hour flight is difficult for even the most seasoned traveler. She is over her jet lag now, and has fallen in love with the constant and overwhelming attention she gets EVERYWHERE we go. The child loves an audience, and in Bangkok, the world is her stage. Her first birthday is coming up on September 13th, and it's surreal for me and Braam. It's strange to look at this little girl toddling around and realize that our teeny baby is already one. Very bittersweet.

Braam and I are off to find some massages now. More later, and pictures as soon as we have internet at home. Love and kisses.

ps Just realized that I haven't even talked about food yet. Oh, the food! It's good. I don't know where to begin, so I won't. Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment