Thursday, September 9, 2010

And another thing



I've always loved this quote of Maya Angelou's, but today when I read it, I had giving birth on my mind (obviously). Here it is:

"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: 'I'm with you kid. Let's go.' "

YES, MAYA ANGELOU. GIVING BIRTH. LET'S DO IT. As soon as I find out where Life's lapels are, I am going to wash them in hypoallergenic detergent, iron them, and then haul Life off to the hospital to have a baby with me.




1 comment:

  1. YAY! Yay for the beginning of the adventure. Yay for your meticulous preparations (it really does help). Yay for the two of you, about to become three (for real).
    Seriously, this is the adventure of a lifetime. In our experience, the second that little baby touched down was the most profoundly, earth-moving, AWESOME moment of our lives (times 3).
    I asked Uncle Ron; he remembers it the same way to this day too. Happy Adventures!
    with love,
    Aunt nana 2E
    and Uncle Papa Ron

    ReplyDelete